Major Taylor Trail Keepers
We envision the neighborhoods of the south side of Chicago that surround the Major Taylor Trail as beautiful, safe, fun, and healthy places to live, work and PLAY.
Announcing the date for our next annual celebration ride
Saturday, September 7, 2024
Early registration is available now, click here or on the image below to register!
Join Major Taylor Trail Keepers Chicago for the Annual Celebration Ride on Saturday, September 7, 2024. Ride with us to promote health, community, and active living in underserved neighborhoods on Chicago’s South Side. Let’s pedal together for positive change and a healthier future. Register now and be a part of this impactful event!
What to Expect:
- Date with Purpose: On Saturday, September 7, 2024, pedal with a purpose as we come together to make a positive impact on our communities.
- Community Unity: Experience the unity of neighbors as we promote positive interactions and inclusivity. Public transit users, cyclists, and walkers, all together, create a stronger, healthier community.
- Health and Wellness: Discover the numerous health benefits of active transportation. Whether you choose to ride a bike, take public transit, or enjoy a walk, you’re contributing to your well-being and happiness.
- Explore Scenic Routes: Our ride will take you through scenic bike trails and pathways in the comfort of your neighborhood. Enjoy the sights and get invaluable exercise along the way.
- Promote Sustainability: Bicycling is not only an eco-friendly mode of transportation but also a fun and efficient way to stay active. It’s family-friendly and adaptable to all ages and physical abilities.
- Advocating for Change: Major Taylor Trail Keepers Chicago is committed to advocating for equitable, inclusive, and prosperous communities. We work to increase the number of family-friendly bike trails and promote safe biking in South Side neighborhoods.
- Walking Trails: For those who prefer walking, we’re enhancing the region’s walkability. Enjoy a relaxing stroll through your neighborhood on South Side walking and biking trails.
This is more than just a ride; it’s a movement towards healthier, happier communities. Register now for the Major Taylor Trail Keepers Ride and become a part of our mission to promote active and healthy living in historically underserved neighborhoods.
Spread the word
Help us make a bigger impact by inviting your friends, family, and neighbors to join this celebration of community and well-being. Share this event and use the hashtag #PedalForChangeCHI to connect with fellow participants. Don’t miss this opportunity to ride with purpose and create positive change in our communities. Together, we can make a difference!
Save the date: April 20 Earth Day is Major Taylor Trail Clean Up Day
As we do each spring on Earth Day, we’ll be gathering Saturday, April 20 to clean the trail with help from the Chicago Park District and other partners.
Meet at 111th and Aberdeen Trail Intersection, 1035 W 111th Street Chicago, IL 60643
We also always hold a cleanup shortly before our celebration ride – this year, our pre-ride cleanup day is set for August 24, and you can sign up now if you want. Thanks!
Major Taylor Trail Keeper Swag Shop
For those who missed out on a swag bag during our 2023 celebration ride or just would like to look great on our trail or any trail — our new swag shop has launched where you can purchase custom apparel and ride in style!
Now available at the Major Taylor Trail Keeper Store.
2023 Major Taylor Trail Keepers Celebration Ride:
Thank you to everyone who was able to join us!
Saturday 8/26/23 — Major Taylor Trail Keepers Celebration Ride
Thank you to everyone who came out August 26 and all of our friends and supporters—what an amazing day!
This was the smoothest and best year ever! Despite our fears of having to cancel the ride this year, we persevered and planned everything out ourselves with the help of our volunteers and board staff.
None of this would have been possible without some divine intervention from God, the support and ongoing partnerships with/from Exelon/ComEd, Forest Preserves of Cook County, REI, SRAM, Evanston Bike Club, Chicago Cycling Club, Major Taylor Cycling Club Chicago, Chicago Department of Transportation, and the Chicago Park District!
We cannot wait to see everyone again next year! To stay in touch with us, sign up for our email list at the bottom of this page.